Critical Reflection

 Module Learning 

Before attending the Effective Communication module, I was not confident in speaking to a group of people. I was often given feedbacks that my writing was not good. After the past few months attending this course, I realized that I have been continuously improving in my presentation and writing skills throughout the entire module. In this module I was given many opportunities to present to my classmates, which helps me to gain confidence when speaking to a group people. It also helps me to gain knowledge and skills in presentation. From the various written assignment, I was given feedbacks from my peers and professor, with this I can learn and know the mistakes that I had made. I felt that this is a really good way of learning as it allows me to revise, improve and know what my mistakes are from different person perspective. Communication skills is extremely important, with good communicating skills it will prevent miscommunication and enable correct information to be delivered. The skills and knowledge in writing and presentation learned in this module will benefit me in my future work, as I will be able to use the correct tone, pace and language when speaking to different type of audiences. Enabling me to effectively communicate my ideas and thoughts to others through speaking or written reports. One thing that I regretted not doing, is it to look for my professor to clarify on the topic that I am weak in or unclear of. I tend to research and clarity my doubts on the internet. I felt that this is not a good way of learning as the stuff that I learn on the internet might not be correct, causing me to learn the wrong things.

 To further improve my communications skills, I should read up more English books and articles. Communicate to others in English more frequently. Learn from my previous mistakes and grab more opportunities to speak in front of an audience. With more practices I believe that I can improve further in presentation and writing skills.


Project learning

The research project has given me the opportunity to work in a team. In the team it consists of members that are good in different areas, such as researching, writing  and presentation skills. It was challenging to adept to every member working styles. When working in a team we must learn to accept and help one another on the mistake that we have done. The advantage of working in a team is that we can correct and teach one another skills that one might be better at. It also allows me to gain more knowledge from some of my team members work experience about the skills that are important in actual working life. 

From this project I realized that teamwork is very important, to have an outstanding result every member plays a part. Sometimes when we come across things that we are not clear of, we tend to discuss about it and gives each of our own opinion regarding the parts that we are not clear of. As for me, my writing skills is not that good. Hence, with the help of my team members, I was able to learn from their knowledge in writing a report. In the actual team presentation, we manage to do well in proposing our idea. Without the help of my team member, I believe I would not have done the presentation confidently. Attending this module not only helps to improve my communication skills, it also improves teamwork skills. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-introduction

The Importance of Communication Skills for engineers

Summary + Reader Response (draft 2)